To Everyday Blessing!

This blog is to remind me that something good happens everyday!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Why do we make New Year resolutions?


 To grow, to make progress and to move forward in life; change is required and this change itself sometimes requires some kind of stimuli, a turning point, a change of weather, a fresh start.. and this is exactly what every New Year offers us a chance to start afresh and live our lives exactly the way we dream't and hence we resolve to do things differently. Whether we pass or fail in our endeavors I think it's important to make a start because sometimes change can only happen slowly.

2011 was the year of lessons and 2012 shall be the year of Grand Plans. 

The two most important things I learnt which shall be the guiding principles for my 2012 resolutions are:
  • Only if you love life truly, will life truly love you back. If you are scared and hold back; life will hold back from you too.
  • There is only one question to ask,"What would you do if you were not afraid?"  Asking this to myself always helps me take some of the more difficult decisions in my personal and professional life.
Now moving onto the fun part of actually making my resolutions, first I'll mention some of the basic principles on which my resolutions are based.

  • I want to improve my health. Exercise more, eat healthier and cut back on the toxins.
  • Educate myself further. I already have a college degree but I don't want to just study for a degree. There is so much to know out there and I want to dedicate some amount of time increasing my knowledge.
  • To say "yes" to all the stuff close to my heart including causes ( my favorite animal shelter) and hobbies (painting, cooking).
  • To nurture all my relationships far and close with trust, honesty, respect and love. To keep making deposits in the emotional wealth banks of my relations. A phone call, email, chat, facebook, a lunch date, a drink with the boys... the options are endless. And of course most importantly to love myself and spend time doing things I love, to enrich my mind, body and soul.
  • And last but not the least to live life queen size. Travel, be spontaneous, do random crazy things, laugh till my stomach hurts, to talk without thinking, to explore, have fun and soak it all in.

My actual resolutions should come in a more fun format and I have to think carefully as I am one year away from hitting quarter life crisis and maybe the world will end so 2012 will have to be lived properly and thoroughly.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. veryyyyyyyyy veryyyy nice and good.i like it..and thanks to you because after reading this my resolutions are going to b same like you except hobbies(cooking,painting)hehe...seriously you have very gr8 resolutions and dont worry 2012 is not going to b the end of world..because according to our religion ISLAM before the end of world Hazrat ISA(A.s) will come.he will come 40years before the end of world and will fight with darjal and beaten him..so not to worry...and again thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. @fahad: Hehe.. I think the whole end of the world funda is really funny.. but thanks anyways.. you should write your own list.. would love to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New Year's Eve has always been a time for looking back to the past, and more importantly, forward to the coming year. It's a time to reflect on the changes we want (or need) to make and resolve to follow through on those changes. I should changes in my life fit and fitness, learn something new, help to others, and get organized, and become a good success man in our world. and you think so on . this world and people is sooooo nice i like it

      Delete
  3. hmm...generally i have read posts on what resolutions one should take..but this one was different as it talked about "why one take up resolutions"...interesting read...i tried my own version of "taking resolution" with the below post...http://gettingurbane.blogspot.com/2011/12/rules-for-taking-resolutions.html
    kindly have a look and give me your feedback...

    ReplyDelete