To Everyday Blessing!

This blog is to remind me that something good happens everyday!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Question

The Question I ask myself every work day without fail is.. Should I or Should I not?.. order the iced latte with ice cream & whipped cream again. Sigh the inane questions which plague you when you work for a company which surrounds you with so much free food that you are bound find your temptress and get stuck forever in a cycle of yes & no.


Yes, this is my secret.. I think about iced latte everyday esp on days I tell myself.. "No, Sanhita you are addicted to it and it's not good for you!" Then like the teenager with the secret crush I glance at people from the corner of my eye who seem to be enjoying a very guilt free iced latte. I find myself thinking, maybe they drink iced latte every work day too and they look fine to me, quite happy if I may say so.. laughing and smiling while they take seemingly unconscious sips from the iced latte. Maybe it's not like smoking or alcohol, you can't kill yourself by drinking one iced latte everyday.


I never been on a diet in my life; the blessings of having played a sport for enough years to have developed a fast enough metabolism but if you think I am unaware of the mind games food can play with you, think again like a secret love affair it drag's you through the moments of pure pleasure & bliss which ends quickly to be followed by guilt, the pretending that there is no secret & that there is nothing to be ashamed of, and the longing in your heart when you have stayed away too long.


Sigh, it's always difficult to be in love even when it's with a iced latte.

No comments:

Post a Comment