To Everyday Blessing!

This blog is to remind me that something good happens everyday!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The best thing that happened on August 8th, 2011 ( Post 46)

"The best thing that happened today was doing one of my favorite things in the world, what I fondly called "Wandering". 
       So it basically means I put on a pair of comfortable shoes, sling on a light bag with minimum cash and head out with no particular destination in mind. Staying in Gurgaon means that I feel suffocated by all the concrete and plastic around me at regular intervals. I feel choked by all the glazed windows and shiny cars, what I then crave for is something with more character maybe  a broken building leaning on a banyan tree or the colors of  a local bazaar, something which does not look exactly the same as the next. So I hopped on to the metro at peak hour and as the crowded train took me further away I felt infinitely better. 
     After some contemplation decided to get off at the INA station and instead of heading to the popular Delhi Haat, I decided to a round of the INA market which is known for it's food market. The shops are all very well organized and for a foodie like me to see rows and rows of beautifully arranged foodstuff including loads of foreign and exotic ranges of pasta, canned foods, sauces, spreads was a gastronomic delight by itself.I also found one of those corner knick knack shops which sell accessories for Rs. 5-10 and indulged myself with a bright red clip and comb for Rs. 15! It was fun to just wander about in the mixed crowd of foreigners, housewives, locals and soak in all the color, noise and organized chaos. By the time I headed back home I was feeling much happier. You should try it too, definite fun in setting off without destination even if you are limited by time and money. There are always interesting local stuff to discover!

No comments:

Post a Comment