To Everyday Blessing!

This blog is to remind me that something good happens everyday!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Best things that happened on my sick leave ( Post 60)

Illness has kept me away, everything from cold to fever happened over the last few days. However having my mom around was the best possible thing or else I would have died of depression. Instead of mopping around I actually spend the last two days eating healthy home cooked food and actually getting some rest except for the few panic attacks and guilt attacks I got for taking sick leave bang in the middle of the week ( Yes, I am a poor corporate slave!) 
  Too many things are happening right now, yes I am getting thrown out of my house.. so house hunting ahoy! I really need to clam down or else I am going to have  a heart attack soon. Maybe I should enjoy this and make it sound fancy, think like a gypsy and be excited to face the adventures ahead. Gaah.. who wants adventure and this in fact makes me think about Rincewind one of my favorite character's from Pratchett. So I should end this post with him:


"He'd never asked for an exciting life. What he really liked, what he sought on every occasion, was boredom. The trouble was that boredom tended to explode in your face. Just when he thought he'd found it he'd be suddenly involved in what he supposed other people - thoughtless, feckless people - would call an adventure. And he'd be forced to visit many strange lands and meet exotic and colourful people, although not for very long because usually he'd be running. He'd seen the creation of the universe, although not from a good seat, and had visited Hell and the afterlife. He'd been captured, imprisoned, rescued, lost and marooned. Sometimes it had all happened on the same day."

No comments:

Post a Comment